Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Thursday, March 22, 2012

88 Great Daddy-Daughter Dates Book Review

Fun, Easy & Creative Ways to Build Memories Together

SUMMARY:  Start making memories that last a lifetime.
     She'll be your daughter for life.  But she'll only be your little girl for a while.  Make the most of this special time with the help of 88 Great Daddy-Daughter Dates.
     This creative book gives dads a wide variety of fun ideas for spending quality time with their little girls.  Each date tells you what to grab (any needed supplies), where to go, and how to grow together while having a blast.  You'll also find Scriptures and questions for each date to get conversation flowing.  From bird-watching and making paper airplanes to bowling and photo scavenger hunts, there's something for every dad and every little girl ages 6-12.

REVIEW:   My husband and daughter love to go on Daddy-daughter dates so I thought this book would give them some great ideas other than the usual going-out to-dinner date. It gave Mike some conversation starters to use with Hannah and ideas on things to do that are outside their normal routine.  He also liked the idea of having a list of needed supplies for the different dates so he wouldn't forget anything.
     Even though the book is geared towards daddies and their daughters, it gave me some great ideas on things to do with my boys.  I would have to change a few things to make is more fun for my boys (like taking #24 and instead of shopping for something fun, something pretty and something sweet, changing the something pretty to something slimy or loud).  It even gave me some ideas of things to do with our daughter that I wouldn't normally thing of, like playing mini golf, bowling, or going on a GPS treasure hunt.
     This is an awesome book for anyone looking for more ideas on how to spend quality time with their daughters and sons.  Check it out!!

This book was provided by Revell for review without compensation.

Available March 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Rob Teigen is the author of Laugh-Out-Loud Jokes for Kids (under the pseudonym Rob Elliott).  He met his wife, Joanna, when they were students at Moody Bible Institute.  Today, Rob and Joanna live in West Michigan with their four children, where they enjoy foster parenting.

No comments: