Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Small Victory

When it comes to potty training, I am by no way an expert.  Hannah was 3 years and 2 months old when she was fully potty trained.  Will decided he wanted to go all the time just after his 4th birthday party.  Andrew has shown very little interest.  On occasion he might humor Mike and me but, instead of doing anything, he decides to play.

Things started changing a little one day at the end of last week.  Just before getting in the tub, Andrew decided he wanted to try to go potty (without any prompting from Mom or Dad).  He actually peed in the potty and was really excited.  The next evening I was getting the boys in the tub to get the dirt off them when Andrew decided to try using the potty again (without prompting).  He did it again.  Yesterday (Sunday), the boys were outside playing and decided to run around sans clothes.  When Andrew was ready to come inside, he got himself dressed in his pajamas.  Mike and I both told him to put on a Pull-Up before he had an accident.  Instead, he decided to put on underwear.  He did really good and even took himself potty a couple of times.  This morning, instead of putting a Pull-Up on, I put him in underwear.  He did awesome!!  Mom said he even took himself to the bathroom three or four times.  After the kids and I got to the ball fields to watch Mike play softball, I noticed that Andrew had had an accident.  I took him to the bathroom and got him cleaned up and he was ready to go.  He stayed dry the whole time.  I put a diaper on him before putting him to bed because he usually has a full diaper in the morning.  (This is one of the two areas we haven't worked on.  The other is doing #2 in the potty - that was the accident at the park).

Mike and I are so proud of him.  We are also cautious because we don't want him to feel pressured.  I will be SO glad to get him out of diapers.  January will bring in ten years of changing diapers with no breaks between kids.  You can see why we are excited but cautious.

No comments: