Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Thursday, April 15, 2010

Getting Caught Up

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while.  With three kids practicing and playing ball this spring, my schedule revolves around them.  We have practice and games every night of the week.  Since I spend most of my day (and night) on the road or sitting at practice, I think of a million things to post on my blog: events that are happening, cute things the kids say, my thoughts on different matters, etc.  By the time I get to the computer at home, I've forgotten what I wanted to write.  For a while, I carried a notebook with me so I could write down things I wanted to remember.  Guess I need to put it back in the van.

Will and Andrew had their first games this week.  Will's team lost both of their games but they really tried.  He plays coach pitch.  Andrew's team doesn't keep score (he plays 3-4 year old t-ball).  Hannah's games start on Monday, then it gets really interesting around here.  All three play on Tuesdays at two different fields.  Yeah, like I said, interesting.  Most nights, we eat dinner around 4:30-5 p.m.  By the time they get to bed after 9 p.m. (really late for them), they are hungry again.

Andrew has been singing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" lately with his own little twist.  Instead of "gently down the stream," he sings, "gently down the scream."  Also, Andrew has gotten his opposites mixed up, except for his left and right.  When something is cold, he says it is hot.  Up is down and down is up, etc.  Trying to understand what he means is interesting and difficult at times.  Sometimes I just have to laugh.

Mom had a car wreak last night on her way home from work.  A car had stopped to turn into a subdivision and there were a couple of cars behind it.  She didn't see the brake lights of the last vehicle until it was too late.  Mom said she buried her feet and brake pedal in the floorboard but wasn't able to stop in time.  When she hit the car in front of her, it started a chain reaction that ended three cars later.  Her radiator is busted and the front end is all messed up.  Praise the Good Lord above, no one was hurt.  Mom is sore across her chest where the seat belt was but that's all.  Mom is upset.  She has been involved in accidents before but this is the first one that was her fault.  I'm just happy that no one was hurt or worse.

Gotta get off here.  Hannah is trying to make dinner (her idea) and I need to supervise.

No comments: