Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Break and Time Changes

The Time Change to spring forward an hour occurred Sunday morning at 2 a.m. and the kids started their Spring Break this week. Even though we lost an hour, we are all still getting up about the same time, even with them sleeping late.  It sounds weird, doesn't it?  They are getting up around 8, which is 7 before the change.  Their normal wake time for school is 7 a.m.  I know. I know.  Stop it.  Okay!

We've been busy this week.  Monday was spent grocery shopping.  It isn't the funnest thing to do while you are on vacation, but it was a necessary evil.  We were completely out of fruit and veggies, bread, eggs, and milk.  The kids were really good, though and helped out a lot.  They played outside riding bikes and scooters, and playing basketball. 

Tuesday, the kids and I went to the Memphis Zoo with our friends, Tracy Gallagher and kids.  Our kids are all about the same ages, so they have a buddy to have fun and partner up with.  We met up there at 9:30 and left at 1.  We took our lunch and ate it while watching the Sea Lion Show.  The kids had a great time running around, seeing all the animals and hanging out with friends.  All of us were wiped out.  Andrew finally fell asleep for his nap after 2 p.m. and slept until 6.  He walked the whole time.

Tomorrow, our friends Jack and Marilyn are taking Hannah and their granddaughter, Emily, swimming at the Y.  The girls go to the same school and are about a year or two apart in age.  They've met a couple of times and enjoying playing together.  The boys and I are probably going bowling, but I haven't completely decided.  It's either the park or bowling.

Thursday will find us at Chuck E. Cheese's with Susan and her boys.  We've been looking forward to getting together for a while.  Susan home-schools her boys so it limits our time to do things together.  It worked out that their Spring Break was the same as ours so we decided to take advantage of it and hang together.

Friday, we will probably go bowling again and maybe to the park. I know, we plan to do that twice but the kids love it.  Since Hannah wouldn't be able to go with us on Wednesday, I thought we could go again.

Growing up, I didn't get to do a lot during Spring Break because my parents worked.  I remember sitting at home and playing with Melanie and my friends instead of taking trips or going a lot of places.  Since we don't know what the future holds, I want to do as much as I can and hope the kids enjoy and remember it.  You're only young once, right?  Or, at least until you have your mid-life crisis...HAHAHA

No comments: