Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Wednesday, November 11, 2009

God Knows Our Hearts and Will Provide

I thought I had posted this story previously, but looking back over my blog, I don't see where I did. 

About a month ago, Beth Moore came to the Memphis area to hold a Living Proof Live event.  Tickets were $60 each.  The day before the event, we were discussing Beth Moore's visit during a bible study and asked who was going.  A few girls at our table raised their hand but my friend Shawn didn't.  When asked why, she said she couldn't afford a ticket but if God wanted her to go He would provide one for her. 

I remembered that before an event like this one, Beth would post on her blog an offer of free tickets to anyone who needed them.  When I got home, I checked Beth's blog, http://www.livingproofministries.blogspot.com/,  and saw her post for tickets.  Since the post had been made earlier that morning, I called Shawn right away, told her about it and gave her the number to call.  Shawn called and got an automated service.  Since all she had was the first names of the two ladies to ask for, Shawn prayed that if it was God's will He would have to get her to the right person.  There was a pause online then the call was transferred to Susan's voicemail (one of the ladies Beth had said to call).  Shawn left her information and what it was about.  About an hour later, Susan called her back.  She offered Shawn two tickets even though she only wanted one.  When Shawn asked her about the call transfer, Susan said she wasn't usually the one to get the calls. 

Shawn called me, told me what had happened and asked if I knew anyone needing a ticket.  Since we couldn't think of anyone, she called Leslie, our bible study leader, and asked her.  She knew Marva, another lady in BS wanted to go but was in the same situation as Shawn.  So, Shawn and Marva got to go to the event after all. 

A few days later, I checked Beth's blog and saw where she had posted pictures from the event.  Lo and behold, I saw a picture of Shawn and Marva worshipping God there in the post.  It was awesome!!  God had totally worked out all the details and let two wonderful women of God come and hear a word meant just for them. 

If you would like to see some pictures from the event, click on this link. It will take you to Beth Moore's blog and the post with the pictures.  Shawn, Marva and Cheryl (another lady in the group) are 2 minutes and 18 seconds into the video.

No comments: