Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Monday, August 31, 2009

Being Flexible

I have come to the realization that, even though I may want to be, when it comes to big changes, I am not that flexible. For years, I thought I was very flexible, being able to go with the flow like the best. But, alas, that is not so. When something big changes (kids getting out of school, kids going to school, small changes in my daily routine or plans, etc), it throws me for a loop. I wander around like a zombie, trying to get my bearings straight. All of this finally hit me this year when the kids got out for the summer. (Everyone else probably noticed it long before I did - sometimes I'm slow.) My normal routine of going to the gym after dropping the kids off at school came to a screeching halt. Now, the kids and I were sleeping later, while Andrew was still taking his naps at the same time. This put going to the gym low on my list of priorities. Now that the kids are back in school, it is taking me a long time to get the idea in my head that now I can go to the Y and work out again, without having to drag the kids with me or interrupting Andrew's nap.

Little changes are okay, for the most part. But, even those can make my head spin at times (which is a unique thing to see - LOL).

Case in point - this morning, my plan was to drop the kids off and head to Sam's to get a tire replaced. If I got there early enough, maybe the wait wouldn't be as long. Well, that idea was blown out of the water when Andrew didn't wake up at his usual time. As of 9:30 this morning, he is STILL sleeping. (In his defense, he only got about a ten minute nap yesterday in the car. Mike said Andrew also woke up a couple of times during the night.) So, instead of going to Sam's today, I guess it will have to be tomorrow or Wednesday. There is plenty for me to do around here; I just need to get my head in order and get to work.

One other thing - my dear, sweet friend Stacy sent me an e-mail last night. She and her family are praying about coming to this area during Spring Break. I am hoping and praying they can come. It has been about ten years since we last saw each other. Pray that God will work out all the details and they can make it. It would be awesome to get to see her and her family again!! We've both added a few kids to our families since I saw her last.

No comments: