Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Saturday, October 11, 2008

Aunt Jean and School News

We got word yesterday evening that Aunt Jean passed away that morning. She was a dear sweet lady who will be greatly missed by everyone. We do know that we will see her again, as she is in the arms of Jesus walking on Heaven's streets of gold.

On a lighter note, the kids are on Fall Break until Tuesday. Dad and Joan are getting the kids (Hannah, Will and Nathan) tomorrow and keeping them until Tuesday afternoon. Gracie is spending Monday with her mom and Tuesday with her dad. So, it will be just me, Mike and Andrew for a few days. I won't know what to do with myself. I will get to sleep in (or as late as Andrew will let me) and Andrew will hopefully get his naps out (I have to wake him up every day to pick the kids up from school).

Due to Fall Break, the kids do not have soccer games this weekend. Hannah's practice was rained out on Tuesday and Mike cancelled his practice on Thursday due to the upcoming break. We hit the fields again starting Tuesday evening. YEAH!

I am so proud of Hannah and Will. During the last nine weeks, they both got Green Lights at school for behaving in class. Green lights are great!!! Will did get a yellow light during the third week of school for squirting juice on another child at lunch but he has been good ever since. During P.E. yesterday, Will even got a toe tag for following directions. He was soo excited.

Hannah went to Gracie's house last night to spend the night. About 1 a.m. this morning Mike and I got a phone call. Hannah wanted to come home. Alisha said she went to check on the girls around 1 a.m. and both were wide awake. She said Hannah had the "I want to go home" look on her face and then asked if she could go home. So, while still in my pajamas, I got in the car and drove to Alisha's. Luckily, she and Gracie live just around the corner. Hannah slept until close to 9 this morning. I was up at 7:30 with Andrew. A nap is looking really good right now.

No comments: