Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

www.biblegateway.com


Thursday, April 24, 2008

Birthday, Water Babies and Graduation

Today is Aunt Barbara's birthday (she is Mike's aunt). Happy Birthday Barbara!!! Hope it is a good one!!! We love you!!

My children LOVE the water!!! It doesn't matter what the temperature is outside, if there is water around, my bunch will find it and play in it. This afternoon Hannah and Will went outside to play while dinner was cooking. In about 10-15 minutes, they were soaked to the bone with not a dry spot on their bodies. They had gotten the water hose out and proceeded to spray each other, the dogs, the yard, the house and the mud puddles (they were made earlier today when it rained). At one point, Will was painting the back door with an old paintbrush and water. Since they had been told on numerous occasions not to play with the hose, they got in BIG trouble. They have been grounded from the television and computer for the rest of the week. They also were given jobs to do around the house out of our "Job Jar." (The Job Jar is full of jobs that I would like to have done but don't have either the time or gumption to do them.) Hannah had to clean all the door frames in the house (there are over fourteen). Will is suppose to be wiping down the kitchen cabinets but is instead lying on the floor. He wants someone in the room with him while he cleans. The Job Jar is suppose to be a deterrent or punishment. Instead, my kids ask me if they can do a job from the Job Jar and get excited when I give them one. Only my bunch!!! The best part is the jobs I don't want to do (like cleaning out the garbage container) get taken care of and the kids love it.

On an exciting note, there are two upcoming graduations I want to mention. The first is Will's. He graduates Preschool on May 13. He will get to wear a cap and gown and get his little diploma. Since Kindergarten is part of the Elementary schools here, they don't have graduation ceremonies any more. So, this is a big deal for us and Will. The second graduation is Nicole Link's. She graduates from Christopher Newport University this May with her Bachelor's Degree in History as Magna Cum Laude. Way to go Nicole!!!! That is awesome!!! Nicole's mom, Stacy, and I have been friends for many, many years. I remember when Nicole was about three or four. Now she is all grown up. My how the time flies!!!

No comments: